In which I test knit a pattern.

In August, Alyoops asked if anyone would like to help test knit her adorable Borneo pattern.(ravelry link) Me, being a lover of owls, and slight challenges answered her call.

I finished him in 5 days. It was a fun learning experience in knitting this pattern, I learned how to pick up and knit with stitches and using a waste yarn. It made me extremely happy to know I was helping someone ensure their pattern was ready for use by everyone else out there in the world.

Hoot?
Isn't it adorable? ; ^;

Right

Left

Back
I really enjoyed making the tail. But my favorite part was working on the wings =3

Now in the pattern, Alyoops mentions that these little guys love to perch, and perch he has!

On the post
'This is too low for me to keep watch!'

Perched on the fence
'Much better'

Looking out for pigeons
'...Was that a pigeon? HOOOO!'

Perched on my head
After securing the perimeter of my front door, little Hoot decided to perch on my head. 'Much more comfy <3'

Thank you again, Alyoops! It was a lovely opportunity to knit up the pattern! I really enjoyed myself!!

Alyoops can be found on her knitting blog- Knit Me her general life blog- Alyoops and on ravelry. She's a very sweet person who loves knitting, but finds great joy in making knitted toys. You all should check her out if you already haven't.

Take care, and happy crafting.

Labels: , , ,