Lets Fall For Cotton!

Of course it's a sew-a-long that pulls me from the woodwork.
I've decided to join the awesome Fall for Cotton sew-a-long that Tasha and Rochelle are hosting, and I'm super excited for it!
The premise is to create a fall weather outfit from the 20's-70's out of 100% cotton. I figured I needed more 100% cotton garments in my closet, so this was right up my alley.

Feeling I needed some practicality in my life, I've decided to make a blouse, and a pair of trousers.

blouse and trouser
fabric


Blouse pattern +
fabric

The blouse will be made from Simplicity 1692 in view B. I'll be using polka this blue and white fabric I bought at a school fabric sale a year ago.

trouser
inspo

The trousers will be modified from a shorts pattern my friend drafted for me. They'll be navy blue twill.
As better seen in this photo

navy

I sought inspiration from the 1940's land girls and farmerettes (much like Rochelle and Tasha did!), and I'm sure I can properly juggle school and sewing time to create this by the deadline.

I wish every one who's doing this sew a long good luck! This is my first one I'm doing within the date, so I'm excited!!


PS-
Could you all could be so kind, as to vote for Colette Patterns in the American Made contest? You just sign up to the Martha Stewart site, and vote until the 22nd.

PPS-

Could someone kindly point me into the direction of some simple HTML tutorials. My blog is desperately in need of a makeover.

Labels: , ,