Mid-year resolution check in

Hello All! 

Once again, my blogging mojo has been quite low. I've had ideas buzz about, but I am unable to curate them to put them to fruition.

Yes, I know you shouldn't start a post with an apology, but as this is a resolution check in, I figured I'd let it slide.

So, remember when I made a 2016 Goals list? Lets see how I fared on them!

Blogging

Post more/write posts in advance/vlog.
I am now mulling new ideas for the blog, and possibly some future vlogs!! I hope to at the very least post once a week. Two times if I'm really good about it!


So, I did piss-poor on this, mostly due to school being a thing in the spring time. But with summer still in full swing, I can afford more time to this.

-Consider sponsorships.
I keep thinking about it. I might do some for a short time, and if any one who's done them before has any advice, do let me know!


So, that didn't happen...YET! I'm still mulling them about.

Try to do a tutorial/freebie each month.
A friend keeps suggesting I do tutorials, because they are fun and helpful. I agree with them! I think one a month is a very attainable goal, so I shall try my darnest.


I have a couple more tutorials in mind. I'll try to have one up next month. Are there any you'd like to see?

-Organize a blogger meet-up.
I know there are other vintage loving people in my city! But the only 'get togethers' I see aside from Tiki Oasis are flea-markets from what I can see. So I talked it over with a friend and she suggested I do a meet-up. I've never done a meet-up before, so any advice would be terribly welcomed.


GUESS WHO ORGANIZED HER FIRST VINTAGE PICNIC?! If you're in San Diego, love and wear vintage clothes, and want to have a picnic, direct yourself here. I a terribly excited to be doing this!

Personal

- Exercise more.
I get stressed out a lot. When I exercise I feel better. I just need to exercise a lot more!


I exercise more or less every day now! I have tiny little bicep muscles trying to be super awesome, and that makes me feel good.

-Meet more people.
I'm a surprisingly shy and quiet person. I'd like to meet more people and make friends and acquaintances!


Last year I participated in a twitter chat ran by some vintage lovers. It was awesome! A friend of mine who I made through that realized it needs to happen again, as it's been a while.

So, a bit short notice for you dear readers, but Sara and I are hosting a vintage Twitter chat on July 28th, at 7pm EST/4pm PST


The topic is Women of WWII, and we would love it if you stopped by!

Our handles are @tinyangrycrafts and @iliveinmylab and the hashtag will be #vintagechatWe recommend you use TweetDeck to keep up!

-Make the best damn collection that I can.
I have to make a clothing collection featuring 3-5 garments in the spring for my schools student run fashion show (If you are local to me, I'm going to be convincing you to go. You've been warned). I need to up all the skills I've learned in school to make a bad ass collection. I'll need a cheering squad.


DONE!

-Go to more events.
I want to go to the LA Air Raid, thanks to Saras convincing I might try to make it out there! And there are a couple blog-worthy events local to me, so I'll attempt to attend!


Yeah, still finding some events I can make it to. Any suggestions to ones in San Diego/LA?

I think I did good on these! Save for one which culminated with me graduating, I will continue to see how everything goes till the end of the year!

How are your mid-year goals? 

Will you participate in #vintagechat?

Labels: